Branding & Creative
A variety of roles participate in developing and delivering these stories and the unique blend of products and services that embody them. Whether one of our core pencil industry related brands; Blackwing, ForestChoice, Pencils.com or CalCedar; or our developing range of new lifestyle products and brands the heart of activity driving our growth is tied to executing exceptional branding and creative work.
- Our Brand managers are responsible to drive the overall business development of specific product or service brands and the stories they tell. They are key leaders in the company actively engaged with senior management and others in all functional roles throughout the business. Team members filling these roles have generally developed a broad set of skills and knowledge through earlier experience with other roles in the company.
- Creative Design – Whether contributing via an internal staff position or an external contract role on a project basis, engaging and elegant design is at the core of everything we do. We cover a broad range of media in our products, services and communications programs and seek talented people with developed skills in one or more areas such as videography, photography, music, web, graphic and artistic design. A can do attitude with a willingness to stretch and learn to develop new creative design skills and coordinate across a multitude of creative projects are keys to success in this role.
- Our Marketing & Social Media team focuses on designing and delivering promotional programs, public relations and amazing blog and social media content that engages, supports and builds our customer communities across all brands. Typically an entry level position, we look for strong writing and communication skills, a can do, fun loving and passionate attitude and a willingness to learn and grow. Having an active artistic interest in one or more areas that strengthens bonds and interactions with our customers is a major plus.
Win-win long term relationships with our customers have been at the core of CalCedar success for a century. Whether working with our international pencil manufacturing customers in our industrial slat business; our global Blackwing distributor and dealer network of over 1300 locations or supporting online custom imprint, school or end consumer customers, outstanding support and service are hallmarks of our culture and commitment. Our goal is to build a world class global lifestyle brands distribution network across a diverse range of sales channels that support our growing brand and product portfolio.
- Sales & Customer Support – We have a growing demand for a variety of sales and customer service roles focusing on regional and account management, rep group training and development, B2B custom imprint business development as well as customer service team members to support our growing online customer base. Retail dealer channels of particular focus include creative lifestyle, outdoors, bookshops, gift and stationary, home & décor, art supply, music, educational, catalog and more. Our expanding team will encompass a variety of inside and outside sales and support positions based in Stockton, CA or in specific regional markets and/or will have target channel emphasis. We look for both entry level and experienced candidates with great attitudes, who demonstrate resourcefulness and a willingness to learn, and who have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Having an active artistic interest in one or more areas that strengthens bonds and interactions with our customers is a major plus.
eCommerce & Supply Chain
Our direct relationships with online end users help us better understand the needs of end users, but our relations up and down the global supply chain from forest and sawmill, to slat factory to pencil factory, and the international wholesaler and retailer network within the pencil industry and our broadening range of lifestyle products allow us to build a dynamic and capable team committed to reliably delivering great products on a reliable and consistent basis.
- eCommerce & Operations management roles focus on all areas of operations in our B2C and B2B businesses and brands, from online store management, analytics and optimization, website functionality development, new product selection and sourcing. Currently we operate 4 different eCommerce Channels including Blackwing602.com, Pencils.com,
- Warehousing & Production Operations – Our Stockton, CA facility has a variety of roles in light manufacturing, packaging, inventory and quality shipping & receiving. We are a small but growing team with cross-functional roles across where a premium is placed on attention to detail, willingness to jump in and learn. As business develops with our light manufacturing operations we will have increasing needs for those with mechanical and technical aptitude. The team is intimately engaged with the branding and customer support teams to assure outstanding quality of product, shipping accuracy and timeliness of deliveries.
Community Outreach & Philanthropy
Giving back to our local and national educational communities is a core principle for CalCedar. All employees are encouraged and supported in their efforts to give back within their local communities in a variety of ways according to their interests. Also the company provides opportunities to initiate and support initiatives through our Pencils.com Gifts in Kind Program or in working to support the Blackwing Foundation efforts to support K-12 arts and music education through our Ignite the Arts Grant program. On occasion the company offers internship, short term or part time project positions to support specific initiatives. Learn more about these programs at Blackwingfoundation.org or Pencils.com.
We collaborate with University of the Pacific and other local educational institutions within the Stockton community to develop a range of internship opportunities supporting our branding, creative, operational and philanthropic activities with educational outreach. Reach out to learn more.
NOT ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR A NEW ROLE?
Keep in touch to learn about future openings or events.
GET IN TOUCH
2385 Arch Airport Road, Suite 500
Stockton, CA 95206